let’s get awkward

It seems strange to be writing here. Awkward almost. Like the time I had my first kiss in a movie theater and didn’t know where to put my hands so I tried to gently caress the boy’s face and poked him in the eye with my fake nail instead. If there’s one thing that’ll ruin a romantic/touching moment it’s impalement. Just take my word for it. I feel like that awkward teenager right now. A little shy because I haven’t been around, embarrassed because I have to come back and admit that I flaked out again, and ashamed because I’ve made some genuine connections with people and I’m a terrible friend.

So, if you’re still here – HI! I know there’s only so many times I can leave and come back without people giving up on me, so I’m sure not many are left and actually reading this. That’s okay, though. To the ones that ARE reading this, you kick ass.

I hope you had a holiday season full of drinks so strong they knocked you off your ass, cookies so sweet your teeth are rotting, and presents that made you squeal and wriggle like a little kid. I hope it was great few months for everyone.

I’m planning on posting again regularly. This isn’t the first time I’ve said this, but I’m making a blood oath this time. It’s true. IT’S TRUE, I swear!

It’s going to take me a long time to get caught back up. Thanks for sticking with me, guys.

1. Welcome back! Good to see you and I hope you had more than enough alcohol, sugar and tchotchkes over the holidays yourself to make you smile. Now to get through the last of the big holidays (V-Day) so we can all stop wearing yoga pants that are too tight with sprung elastic and prepare for the next season…aka bikini wearing. 😱

2. Hey, mind where you’re poking that finger!

Good to see you back Blair. Remember, this WP thing is all about self indulgence. We post what we like, when we like, and read as much, or as little, as we wish.

I look forward to whatever you write, and will laugh, cry, rant, or ignore at leisure, and I shall enjoy doing so. I hope you do the same.

1. Thank you πŸ™‚ Very wise words. I need to adapt your thinking for sure. I’m not a very social person in “real life” and I’m terribly socially awkward, so it always sparks anxiety for me coming back. Hopefully I can change that in the future!

AND I’LL POKE WHERE I WANT TO. πŸ™‚

3. Take your time, chill & post when you want to. I’m not paying you so whatever and whenever you post something is a lovely bonus to my day. But don’t feel obliged. It’s your life!
    Good to see you back though.
    πŸ™‚

4. Finding your post in my email box just seriously made my week!!! : D I enjoy your work so much I don’t even mind waiting months for more.
    You’re like the… George Martin of comedy lol (feel free to use this in a book blurb someday)

Meno<3

1. Your comment just made MY week πŸ˜€ You are far too kind, honestly. I don’t know who George Martin is, unless you’re talking about George R. R. Martin who wrote Game of Thrones. If that’s the case, I’m 10000% using that in my future book blurb haha πŸ˜€

1. lol yes, that Martin, I’m just too lazy to write the whole thing out ; p haha I can totally re-quote it properly though for any future blurbs! <3 <3 <3 Keep the smiles coming, whenever you can manage!

with serious admiration,
        Meno<3

5. Hey – no worries. I just wait to get notification of an update. i did see you ‘like’ a couple of my post and almost felt like apologizing because I’m writing about k-pop. Mainly BTS and the fact that they wreck me with their duality from being childlike to ‘oh my god look how rude they are being on stage’ and all all comes down to just a reminder that I am a dirty old lady. But I am who I am. :p

1. Damn. You like kpop? And anime? You’re like a girl after my own heart. Marry me. (think or husbands would mind?) πŸ˜‰ Seriously – where have you been all my life? Do you know how hard it is to find another grown woman who likes k-pop? I mean…. shit. No offense to some of my recent followers but it’s hard to bond with a 13 year old who comments on my blog. Like… all I want to say to them is, “Girl… this is the internet. How do you know I’m not some freaky, psycho, pedophile, dirty old man trying to lure young under-aged teens by faking a k-pop fan blog? Get off the internet and go study or something! And eat your damn vegetables!!!” Their parents should thank me.

6. Oh YAY!!! I’m so glad you are back and I will accept any and all posts with joy! And of COURSE, you get to choose when and what. Absolutely no judgment here. I promise.

Friends are friends and I ain’t goin’ nowhere!

I’ve already shared your opening lines with two people whose day you just made!!

Nothing like a great belly laugh to shake off depression!

7. Bwa ha ha!!! I can beat your hilarious impaling kiss story. My first exotic date was with an Aussie, both aged 15. He french kissed me and I thought everyone did that. I soon was very popular at spin the bottle… Welcome back! It is very hard managing a blog and life and I have been absent.

8. Yeah…… welcome back sweetie – you are far more popular than you thought πŸ™‚
    You know blogging is indulging yourself, nothing mor. If you don’t feel like, leave it be, if you do, go for it. We won’t judge you in either situation.

9. Hey, I treat your blog like a friend. When you have something to say, great – it’s a fun read. If you don’t or can’t or or the letters won’t form coherent words, also great. No need to open the door and yell “tadima.”

10. Ah.! There you are… welcome back.. πŸ˜€ *hastily recalls the search party* Good to know you’re safe and well, and not in prison for murdering certain neighbourhood brats… although I’d completely understand if you were.. πŸ™‚

I too, am very remiss of my poor blog… but feel that it’s quite okay, as long as one doesn’t just completely disappear… I’ve noticed a few of my regular reads are taking a hiatus as of the festive season… but I still lurk around and wait and watch… that’s not stalking.!… It’s NOT.!.. it’s being observant… πŸ˜€ xx

1. Hey, I welcome your stalking tendencies any day. Well, as long as they are online and you’re not perched behind a tree in my backyard staring at me right now. *looks around uncomfortably* Man, that neighborhood boy. Things have gotten seriously strange with that family lately, too! Still haven’t committed any murders, though πŸ˜€ Yet.

11. HEY Blair!!! Nice to see you back!!! Now you shouldn’t berate yourself. Your life is your own, you owe us nothing, remember that. You are the cherry on our sundae. πŸ˜€ (Eye roll.)

Re impalement on a date, sounds bad but maybe not as bad as when I got burned by the guy’s cigarette. On my eyelid. You don’t wanna know. πŸ˜‰

Thanks for thinking about me πŸ˜€ Here I ammmm. Peter’s words definitely are wise. I really need to adapt to that mentality.