it’s not easy being green

There was a time I used to crank out posts every other day, but now I’m only managing one a week. Brain? Hello? Are you in there? Your presence is requested on the poop deck. Need all hands on board. We’re wading through some serious shit up here.  I’ve been a little preoccupied lately with family trips, drama, and personal issues. (Oh my!) But don’t worry, I’m not planning on boring y’all to tears and telling you about it. If I were you, I wouldn’t give a crap(even though you’re all probably too nice to say that.) So…you’re welcome.

I saw this questionnaire floating around a few weeks ago, and thought it would be fun to fill out. They are questions you don’t see very often, which is a lot nicer than the standard “why do you write?”  “what’s your favorite hobby?” cliche ones. I don’t remember who came up with these questions, so if it was you, let me know and I’ll add you to the post! If you decide to answer the same questions, make sure you let me know in the comments so I can come check it out.

What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
Jennifer Lawrence. Have you ever seen this chick do an interview? She is absolutely hilarious.

What would you name your daughter if you had one?
My favorite girl’s name right now is Elia. (Yes, from Game of Thrones) Alex has already put the kabosh on that name sadly. I’m going to try to push it again when the time comes.

What would you name your son if you had one?
Cade. I heard it on a TV show recently and added it to my list! (I have a list of baby names to one day use. Judge me all you want, jerks.)

What was your favorite TV show when you were a child?
Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers. I actually watch them on YouTube sometimes still. They never get old. Also, Gummi Bears. Anyone remember that one? (Bouncing here and there and everywhere!)

What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight?
A cat. Every year. I was such a boring, sheltered kid.

Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
Yes, all of the above. Most of these are excusable except Harry Potter! Go read it, or we can’t be friends. Seriously. This isn’t a laughing matter. This shit is important.

Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
Is this serious? Who doesn’t know who Kermit is? I’m guessing you were also robbed of the joys of Kool-Aid and Pogs as a young kid.

Have you ever been to Olive Garden?
I could live off their breadsticks. (I’m not drooling, you’re drooling) If you’ve never had their breadsticks, you’re not living life to its fullest.

What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
I was going to be named Blair either way. Woo!

If you have a nickname, what is it?
I have nicknames from everyone. It’s funny, I RARELY hear my actual name unless it’s from my husband’s side of the family. Alex calls me B, my sister and her husband/kids call me Beep, my parents and brother call me PDQ. My friends call me Beech. They all have back stories besides the ‘B,’ because that’s what my name starts with. Obviously.

Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs?
Rural, hands down. I live in the suburbs now and I hate it. People… gross.

Where did you buy your jeans?
The ones I’m wearing? Old Navy. I buy most my jeans there or JCPenney. They seem to have the best deals and I like the way they fit. I’m not exactly the classiest clothes buyer – I just go for comfort. I wear a solid t-shirt and jeans basically every day of my life. I’m boring as hell.

How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
In first grade, sadly. So I think six? Some kid said it in the classroom and the teacher confirmed he was right. My mom was so pissed she called the school and complained. Six is too young to lose your belief. It’s a cruel, cruel world we live in.

-Pick one(or more, if you want) and answer below! That we can get to know each other better. Don’t you want to get more close and personal with me? I know you do.

Thank you! I actually like my name too, surprisingly. I feel like most people hate their names lol. I’m glad you remember the Gummi Bears – most people have NO idea what I’m talking about when I mention it.

1. One of my high school English classes had an inside joke. The teacher was explaining the meaning of the word “scapegoat” and one of my classmates said “LIKE TOADWART” and after that, we all said “TOADIE!” any time the teacher talked about scapegoating, and she had no idea what we were talking about.

1. S. A. Young

Q-What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
    A- Though I do adore JLaw, I have to go with Kate Winslet. She married a man named Ned RocknRoll and named their son Bear. I love her.

Q-What would you name your daughter if you had one?
    A-My name choices had been set for a long time. A girl would be called Clementine (for the littlest bridesmaid in Princess Diana’s wedding) although rude Americans would no doubt sing that stupid song at her so I would have had to move to another country.

Q-What would you name your son if you had one?
    A- Ian. Plain and simple. It’s always been my favorite boys name.

Q-What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight?
    A-I don’t actually remember 8. I remember I was Morticia at 6 and a clown at 10 or 11. But I’ve been a gypsy a lot. As an adult I went to a party as Madonna (“Holiday, Lucky Star” phase)

Q-If you have a nickname, what is it?
    A-Like you, I’ve had many over the years. Went I got my first pair of glasses in high school I became Hyram (Fearless Fly’s alter-ego) because they were big and round. I’ve been Sher-bear to a lot of different people at various points. “Hobbes” is the one more people know me by. (My best friend was/is, of course, “Calvin”)

Q-How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
    A-Not sure, but I do remember in 3rd grade having an argument with someone, because I knew definitely that he WAS real. (Long story, but suffice to say, my-newly divorced parents were pretty sneaky in those days.)

Oh man, I didn’t know Kate Winslet married someone with that last name. Pretty amazing lol. I’ve always liked her too, she is insanely talented. I like the name Ian – simple and classic. I’m a fan!

2. A LOT of these questions request the reader utilize their memories. Hell…the only reason I can remember what I ate for breakfast this morning is because I eat the same thing for breakfast every week-day morning.

I typically suffer (well, not suffer…I kinda enjoy it) from CRS – Can’t Remember Shit. So the Kids TV show, the Halloween costume at age 8, the Santa thing…all totally a blur in this head-o-mine.

As I had 2 boys, and decided I was DONE with kids at that point, I never got to name a girl-child. But if I had – she would have been Kessendre Kay. I had to settle for boring and normal boys names for the privilege of picking an oddball girls name. Damn the fates for never letting me use it!

OTOH – if anyone is currently spawning and likes the name – feel free 😀

I’ve read both Harry Potter and Hunger Games – so I get a free pass on the Twilight crap, right? My niece dragged me to the first (2) films, and I’m lucky I didn’t chew off my arm in a desperate bid to escape the theater.

As for jeans – Goodwill or St. Vincent de Paul…I’m too cheap to go for new clothes at this point, as I’m still shrinking.

Oh, you 100% get a pass on not reading the Twilight books. They are TERRIBLY written, even though the story still somehow consumes you. (The movies were crap, I’m surprise you lasted!) I like the name Kessendre. It’s interesting. In a good way! I like different names lol

3. Yes, I have been to Olive Garden, which has been a great source of hilarity to my friends of Italian descent (to whom Olive Garden is a place no human should ever condescend to visit). I don’t care. Being over 50 and from the midwest, I think I am their target demographic. You are right about the breadsticks, and I could do with a bowl of Zuppa Toscano along about now.

Oh, I’m sure Olive Garden is a joke to actual Italians! I don’t blame them lol. It’s like the bastardized American version of Chinese food haha. Still so yummy.

Yes! A kid in my class did, and she confirmed. My mom was *pissed* to say the least. Six is so young to have that ruined 🙁

4. I love Kermie! For one Valentine banquet back in the 80s, the couples were invited to bring a recording of “our song.” As a joke, my hubby and I brought Miss Piggy singing “Never Before…” from the original Muppet Movie soundtrack.
    PS: I notice you used several variations of your “favorite” search term in this post… 😉

Ohhh, that’s so smart! I would have brought a joke song too. Miss Piggy is the best. Such a classy swine :D. (I did NOT realize how often I say those words haha)

5. Pogs and koolaid *sighs* those were the days. I watched plenty of cartoons, but I don’t remember any of them being my favorite per say. I was a nerd at a rather early age so instead I couldn’t wait to watch bill nye the science guy…

Meno<3

I remember watching it when I was a kid, but don’t remember being super into it. But… now I’m thinking that maybe I was just too young to get it! lol.

6. I’ll answer them all here, my blog isn’t really a good place right now… and it’s nice to be in friendly surroundings with crazy, fun people. 🙂

What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
    Drew Barrymore. Multi-talented, down to earth, and she’d get on great with my siblings… I’d want her to play me in a movie about my life.

What would you name your daughter if you had one?
    Cadence probably… I really like the name.

What would you name your son if you had one?
    I have two already, but if I was really miraculously blessed with another, probably Byron. (Yes, I’m a bit of a geek.)

What was your favourite TV show when you were a child?
    Tom and Jerry cartoons, and Crown Court. I was a weird child.

What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight?
    I was never allowed to be involved in Halloween, my parents said it was begging, and obnoxious to play tricks and pranks on people you didn’t know.

Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
    Only the Harry Potter… Twilight didn’t interest me, although I watched the first movie (and thought it was crap), Hunger Games doesn’t float my boat either (and neither does GoT) Sorry… 🙁 I’m just not that into fantasy themes. I only read Harry Potter because I had two sons, and they loved it.

Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
    I LOVE Kermy… Piggy really isn’t good enough for him. He deserves a nice girl who’ll treat him right.

Have you ever been to Olive Garden?
    Never. I don’t live in the USA.

What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
    Nogbad. After a cartoon character. I am eternally grateful I’m a girl.

If you have a nickname, what is it?
    Other than Biccie Barrel (thanks Dad.!), Hippo and Puffin (my ass of an ex-), I will answer to Roo, Ru, Ro, Roofie, Ruey, Storm, Lex, Lexa, Lexi, Oi.! You, Whats’ername, crazy bitch, and Mother.!

Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs?
    Rural, hands down. I live in the suburbs now and I hate it. People… gross. (Totally agree.!)

Where did you buy your jeans?
    I used to buy them at C&A, and H&M… I don’t wear jeans anymore, it’s too much like hard work trying to get the darn things to accept that I am the size I think I am, and they are the problem. 😉

How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
    I was 3. My wretch of a brother told me Santa was a lie people made up to make us behave. I asked my Uncle, he confirmed it. 🙁

THREE? Oh god, that’s so sad 🙁 I feel sorry for your toddler self. That’s so so young to not believe in Santa. And, Nogbad?! What the hell is that from? Hahaha. What a terrible name =X.

1. It’s from a 1969 British cartoon series called Noggin The Nog, that for some reason my father loved. Noggin The Nog was a simple, but kindly King of the (viking) northmen, and Nogbad The Bad was his evil Uncle. I still got nicknamed Nogbad as a child, and my father wanted me to call my son Nogbad. Hell no.!! 😀

Wow, that’s actually pretty interesting haha. Noggin The Nog. People were so creative with their titles back in the day 😀

7. Oh Mercy me….I am really old so hold on….

Sister: Bette Midler….who would fight about politics but we would have a blast together drinking wine and making fun of the people she knows…( I was going to say “we know” but I am pretty sure she doesn’t know anyone I know!)

Daughter name: I named my own and only child, O’Neill. I was a feminist back in those days and I felt that if I gave her an odd name no one could discriminate against her on a job application. At the time I was single and had a two-name last name so I gave her no middle name. A couple of years later, I got married and he adopted her but his name was really odd so she was stuck with a cool first name but a clunker of a last name. She is now married and her last name is so much better! I was going to name her, “Khantessa” but when it was shortened…well, you figure it out!

Son: James Russell after both of my grandfathers. But I never had anymore kids except for two Pygmy goats that were brothers so I named them, Russell and Henry (Henry after my hubs grandfather)…and we had a couple of pigs that we named after our mothers!!!

TV show: Wyatt Earp staring Hugh O’Brien….I had a MAJOR crush on him and I would run up to the TV and kiss the screen (now this was way back in the olden days when TV’s were HUGE and came in giant cabinets so my head probably never even reached the top of the TV. But then in one episode, he had the audacity to KISS a woman and my mom said I flew into a jealous rage and ran upstairs to my bedroom and smashed his 8×10 photo that I had in a frame on my dresser. That started a terrible jealous streak that lasted for 40 years until I no longer felt the need for a man in my life (kinda hard on the old hubs who is still around after 33 years of marriage but at least I am not jealous wild woman anymore).

Halloween at age 8: Seriously? I can’t remember what I wore yesterday let alone back in 1963…it might have been a John Kennedy costume….but maybe that was the year before since he was killed right before that Halloween. Maybe Halloween was cancelled that year since the whole country was in mourning. We only had those awful plastic masks with the eyeholes that never matched up with anyone’s eyes so you spent the whole night falling and bumping into things. Well, at least I did….but I fall and bump into things even with my glasses on now….so maybe it really wasn’t the glasses….

Books….nope, but I did see the Hunger Games movies and I want to live in the city where everyone has wild hair color as I have bright green hair this month and I would just blend in.

Kermit: Oh ya…I worked in preschool for 11 years before having my own kid….I like Rizzo the Rat better.

Olive Garden: Yup, but I do not like it. Do not like the bread or the salad or the atmosphere. I know, right? Who doesn’t like Olive Garden? Just me.

Opposite gender: Gee, I asked my mom that once but of course, I have since forgotten. I am sure it would have been a popular name for the mid-1950’s. Though, Robyn, my name was not so common and the spelling was very different so I NEVER had anything with my name on it growing up. No wonder I am a weird adult!

Nickname: My school clique called me, Byn. My hubs calls me Roxy. My daughter calls me Queenie (I went through a long period of having people address me as QUEEN….if Queen Latifah could do it so could I). My bestie in later life called me Robbie as did my former pastor and good friend. I just say, “Call me anything but late to dinner”….sorry, that is an OLD corny saying from even before my time!

Sub or rural: Well, I have lived in both places but never in the heart of a city. I live on 30 acres of land now and for the last 30 years and LOVE it but there is a part of me that thinks living in the heart of a funky city would be so fun. Like Paris….ooo, La La….

Jeans: hahahahaha, I have not worn jeans in DECADES….I am short waisted (and fat) so as I aged the jeans kept getting closer and closer to my mammary glands (or maybe they were just headed South…and why when I did spell check for the word mammary did the word mammoth come up….how did they know?????). I live in leggings, and yoga pants and elastic waists. But even most of them come up to my bra…..

Santa: hmmmm…I do not remember so it must not have been traumatic…but I lived a childhood where I had much more to worry about than Santa…..plus my mom was the Queen of Gift Giving and we would be buried in packages so not having Santa was no hardship! My grands have never believed in Santa (nor did our daughter…so there you go).

I have one for you…..what movie have you watched more than any others….for me it is Independence Day but World War Z is catching up……

You don’t like the breadsticks OR the salad from OG? What is this?! Blasphemy! lol 🙂 I’m surprised, but I don’t blame you. My husband hates going to OG too for some reason. O’Neill is such an awesome name. I’ve never heard of that as a first name, just last. I’m quite the fan. I wish I could pull off leggings and yoga pants in public, but I’m way too self conscious about my thighs jiggling around. Jeans seem to mask it a little more haha. I rock yoga pants at home nonstop though 😀

Oh man, I think the movie I’ve watched the MOST are any of the Harry Potter movies as of late. They constantly have “Harry Potter Weekends” on TV and I watch them every.single.time. Or the movie “She’s The Man.” A really corny comedy made for teens that CRACKS me up no matter how many times I’ve seen it.

8. Truth: Everyone has names they like for their future kids, but then when it actually happens, the baby has a way of making sure it gets the right name. I won’t say every single time, but I will say I don’t know anyone who named their kids those names they always liked before.
    Jennifer Lawrence is like the funniest, realest girl-next-door anyone ever interviewed. 🙂

I figure when it’s time to name our future children it will be like that too! I have a huge list of names that I like just to go over. I doubt we’d even talk about picking a specific one until it’s time. How else would you know what feels right until you see the baby?! Y’know. Seems strange.

9. I was doomed to have the same name, no matter what. My mom fell in love with the name Jody after seeing “The Yearling” at the movie theater. She did spell it like a girl’s name, I’ll give her that.

Nickname? Never had one as a kid. Probably because everyone thought “Jodi” was a nickname for some other name. Many would guess at me. “Josephine?”, “Joellen?”, and my personal favorite, “Jodessa?”

When I was married for more than ten years, hubby started calling me “Jodi Lea” as a term of endearment. I guess that is my nickname now. He sure says it in a sweet way. Not like my mom, who would scream it across the yard and down the street. Ha!

Jodessa? Now, that’s one I’ve never heard of before lol. I can’t say I’ve ever met a guy named Jody before, so that would have been interesting!

10. I loved I Dream of Jeanie and Bewitched. My friend even had a Jeanie bottle at her house and we took turns pretending to have magic powers and live in it.
    I tried watching both those shows recently and they are AWFUL, chauvinistic (really, they can’t use their powers because it will make their husbands look bad or weird?), and I can’t believe I grew up without serious social impairment. Or maybe I did, and I’m now Mrs. Kravitts, peaking out my window at the neighbors.
    I have to revisit them in my mind TV instead, which is good, because I can watch my favorite episode whenever I want (the one where the evil identical twin sister/cousin shows up and you only know it’s her because she’s brunette (!). Pick one, it’s in both shows).

Those were some fun shows back then. I mean, I don’t think I watched them when they were new, but I remember watching the reruns of them! I never noticed how awful they were haha. It’s crazy how differently things were accepted back then vs now.

11. Cheers to having a baby name list! I have one and am barely interested in becoming a parent, but when you hear a good hypothetical name, you gotta write it down! Also, cheers to Old Navy jeans! I love mine. Sure, they last about a year, but they’re 19 bucks so I’m not going to complain. 🙂

Right? You never know… you might want a baby in a year or so 😀 I have the same issue with ON jeans. They are cheap and fit well, but you get what you pay for. They definitely don’t last more than a year or two lol.

12. I don’t buy jeans anywhere.

I did, back in the day, and then I had this moment of awakening when I realised they just aren’t comfortable. Especially not after skinny jeans became a thing. Sure, people SAY “these are the comfiest pair of jeans!” or whatever, but they really just mean “these are comfy compared to other jeans”. They sure aren’t comfy compared to leggings or a skirt.

So I just stopped. Never regretted it.

Oh, ew, I could NEVER get into the skinny jean thing. My thighs would never allow that lol. I wish I could wear yoga pants and leggings every day, because they are -by far- the most comfortable. I just look so terrible in them lol.

13. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
    I hate girls! Can’t I have a brother instead? Haha

What would you name your daughter if you had one?
    Roslyn (Yes because of Twilight, get over it!)

What would you name your son if you had one?
    I actually had a list of Boys’ names, before I decided not to have kids! I do wanna adopt though, hence the daughter’s name above. Son: Nathan, coz I love the abbreviation to Nate, awwwwwwwww

What was your favorite TV show when you were a child?
    Two Stupid Dogs, funniest show ever!

What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight?
    We weren’t allowed to celebrate Halloween, because my family was super religious booooo

Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
    YES! We are officially friends. Done.

Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
    This is a rhetorical question right?!

Have you ever been to Olive Garden?
    Where????

What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
    I don’t actually remember…..

If you have a nickname, what is it?
    Owl Lady, Bae

Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs?
    Neither! I love the city! (I live in London)

Where did you buy your jeans?
    New Look

How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
    (Your teacher was a bitch!)
    It was before I was eight, I caught my mum dragging a black bag of presents through the hallway into the living room, and she was so speechless when I caught her, she didn’t even deny it when I asked her why Santa wasn’t the one doing the work instead of her.

Ohhh, I actually really like the name Roslyn! that’s very pretty, and you don’t hear it very often. Aw, I feel bad for your mom haha, I’m sure she wasn’t expecting to be caught in the act. I would feel so bad!

14. If I had a daughter (other than the one I already have, that is), I was thinking of Harris. And for short, people could call her Harry. And she would hate me.

For my son I’d like Ariel. Or Avery. Something starting with A and five letters long. Just because.

Fave TV show – hmm… Circus Boy. Look it up. (HOO boy am I dating myself now!!!)

For Halloween I always just wore my ballet costume. It was fine when we lived in an apartment building, I’d only go in the building, never out (too cold)! After that? I forget.

I did read the first Harry Potter book and the first Hunger Games book. Then I lost interest. And I hate vampires. What can I tell you.

Of course, Kermit! I started watching Sesame Street in 1969 when my daughter was about 14 months old, okay? She started to learn Spanish…

I went to Olive Garden once – I got treated in Florida by my bro-in-law. We don’t have that chain here in Montreal, Canada.

I would’ve been named Edward, my mom told me.

My nickname is Ellie. Not so drastic, is it? My actual name is Ellen.

Suburbs, if only cuz it’s closer to downtown etc., where all the action is. Rural is nice for visits and vacations, I think.

We Jewish kids always knew that Santa wasn’t real. First clue: he’s in every single department store and mall. So: HEL-LO!

This was fun! 😀

Are you sure you didn’t get your baby name ideas mixed up? Haha. Harris for a boy and Ariel for a girl? That seems more normal 😀 I actually love unisex names though, so I like your idea either way! Also, we knew that the Santas weren’t the real deal in the stores! My parents just told us Santa was too busy, so these were people he sent to fill in for him and would pass him our messages in person hahaha. (Kids are so dumb :D)

15. Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs?
    I’m a city/suburban girl. Rural areas are nice for vacation, but I get restless. I like the energy of city life.

I’m always a bit hesitant to share my names list too! I would NEVER do it to people I know in real life. If someone online steals the name, I’m cool with it lol.

16. Love these “get to know you” questionnaires (even better if the questions aren’t the standard ones). Cartoons in the 80s? Voltron and Transformers (yep, Beast Wars especially). Names? Got one of each, so even though maybe not my favorites, still picked good ones. I just use all the other names I like in my writing 🙂 Actress–I like the idea of J Law as a sister. Seems like she’d be loads of fun. And yes, I’ve read all the books, but if I’d skipped Twilight, I think I could’ve used that time in much better ways (like reading the next Stephanie Plum (Janet Evanovich) book).

Santa? Really?

Oh yes, skipping Twilight wouldn’t have been such a terrible idea, but we all make mistakes 😀 I read them multiple times. Terribly written but somehow still consuming lol. I love different questionnaires too. Makes it fun!

Evelyn is actually on my list too 😀 It’s my grandmother’s name though, so not sure if I’d want to use it for a first name. We shall see! Great names though 😀

Once a week is often for a lot of people! I actually don’t think it’s too bad, but when I first started blogging I posted every other day. Nothing interesting happens in my life anymore! I have nothing to post about any longer. Sad times lol

17. What female celebrity do you wish was your sister?
    Samantha Bee, because she swears as much as I do. I respect that.

What would you name your daughter if you had one?
    Elizabeth Victoria Marie. Tradition is to give girls two middle names because my g-great grandmother didn’t have one. Elizabeth was my favorite name as a child, and also for Queens Elizabeth I and II. Victoria after my great-grandmother’s second middle name, and Marie for all the girls in my family who have Marie in their middle names, including me and my mother.

What would you name your son if you had one?
    I have NEVER been able to choose a boy’s name.

What was your favorite TV show when you were a child?
    Land of the Lost! Awesome dinos.

What did you dress up as on Halloween when you were eight?
    I had an orange tabby cat costume my mother made and I wore it for probably 10 years. Not sure how she managed to make it fit each year!

Have you read any of the Harry Potter, Hunger Games or Twilight series?
    Part, Yes, No

Do you know who Kermit the frog is?
    He’s the green dude that sings about being green.

Have you ever been to Olive Garden?
    Yes, even though as someone with Italian heritage it’s practically heretical.

What would your parents have named you if you were the opposite gender?
    Brian. God help me. (Sorry all you Brian’s.) Although…I could have named by blog “The Life of Brian”.

If you have a nickname, what is it?
    “Twerp”, Dad’s favorite name for me. Grandma called me “Charlie” after the Charlie perfume ads.

Would you rather live in a rural area or in the suburbs?
    Rural if I could be close to a city/hospital and it never snowed.

Where did you buy your jeans?
    Target baby.

How old were you when you found out that Santa wasn’t real?
    I knew before I was in kindergarten for sure. I figured out early that when they told me the reason Santa at the mall looked different each year was because he was one of “Santa’s Helpers” it was total BS. However, I did pretend for years as I was worried my parents would stop giving me presents if I told them I knew! (Hmmmm, formulating my next blog post!)

Target, one of the best places to find clothes for me. That’s so weird to admit, but I love it haha. I look at their clothes every week and try to find something new I want. That’s funny about your cat costume! I did the same thing. Not one for change haha

18. I love shit like this. My friend just started reading Harry Potter for the first time. Ever. I am SO excited; I told her we could have daily discussions about it if she wanted, but she didn’t seem 100% into it, which is stupid… Anyways, what was I talking about? And, I really like both of those baby names (Elia and Cade); I, too, have a list (actually I’ve probably had one since I was about 9 years old), so no judgement here.

PS I’ve never been to Olive Garden…

Oh man, I wish I had someone to discuss Harry Potter with every day lol. That’s another plus of having a kid one day! Reading HP to them. So nice. Never been to OG?! I’m going to send you a giftcard 😀

19. Being born and raised in the heart of Pittsburgh, I found your rural or suburbs question funny. I guess the city is NOT an option for you. BTW, I’ve been in the suburbs/rural areas for many years now and I try to avoid the city.

I hear ya. You’re right – I could NOT do the city. Ick. I grew up in farmland so I’m used to my space and my prized privacy 😀

20. I have two girls and had a son but if I were still having children I would have named my next daughter Abrielle and my son Declan. I loved the questions tho. SadiRose is my nickname. That and Dydee.

21. My favourite celebrity is Ellen Degeneres. She is probably the only one who I think would actually be fun and interesting to be around for more than a few minutes.
    As far as the posting frequency thing, I know that the current thinking is that we all need to post once an hour lest our readers feel ignored. However, I’m thinking that most of our readers don’t have the time for this once they start following more than about 10 bloggers. Once a week is probably more than enough, especially if you want good content. Blogging when you are actually ready is even better.

I hear ya, and totally agree about the number of posts. I’m actually not a big fan when people post more than once a day. It’s hard to keep up! Ellen Degeneres cracks me up. I’ve always loved her show. Anyone who has her dance moves is okay by me lol

22. I’ll answer one of those questions. When did I find out about Santa not being real? Not sure of the age but it was when my grandfather replaced dad as Santa and my 2 sisters and I got standing dolls. They were hid in our attic and when he went to get the dolls they fell down the attic steps. In my opinion, if you’re kind to someone in one way or another you could be a Santa all year around.

23. Twilight was like a rite of passage to another dimension to life or something though HAHA! I spent years not just dreaming, but believing that I was the real Bella Swan!
    And yeah, my sis and I laughed for YEARS about the Santa situation! I can still picture her now bless her hahahahaha.
    This is such a fun idea! Thanks for doing this xoxo

24. Harry Potter is satanic and evil. That’s why I made sure I read them in front of my baptist wife.

Not a TV show, but the most traumatic movie I watched as a kid was Jaws. I saw it with my mom the day after we got home from a,vacation to the ocean.

25. Nyx

I have no memories of a time when I actually believed in Santa. :/ I don’t remember the ‘secret’ being spoiled, either, so perhaps I was just born cynical. 😛

26. My mum did too! I couldn’t read HP until I was an adult and that in secret because I still living at home when I moved back after University LOL. Then when she caught me, she was furious! And accused me of bringing witchcraft into her house, so I had to pretend to have thrown them out (I just hid them until I moved out LOL). But if anything bad happened after that, she blamed me for bringing Satan into her house. Wow, that would make a good blog post lol xoxo

27. And when I say “anything bad” I’m talking about minor things, like the lights flickering, or cats pooing in her precious garden after she’d just mown the grass or planted some new flowers. Not major things! xoxo