give the girl some tacos

If you’ve been reading here awhile, I think I’ve made it pretty clear I like to ask and answer a lot of random-ass-questions. (Hence the weird polls I throw in sometimes at the end of my posts.) This is the internet, so I feel like it’s the best way to get to know each other. I mean, I’d rather take y’all out to lunch, buy some martinis, and ask everyone their most deepest personal thoughts on the newest Oreo flavor and do a contest of who can fit the most marshmallows in their mouth – but we don’t have that luxury. (The world deserves to know about your mouth capacity, though. So share if you know the answer.)

I was excited to be nominated for this ‘get to know you’ quiz by Fatty McCupcakes because the questions are totally random and not something you see every day. Go check her answers out – they are hilarious.

So, here we go, friends:

1. Who are you named after?

When my mom and dad bought their first house they hired a bunch of college kids to paint the outside for them. One of the guys, who my mom has told me numerous times when she recounts the story, was particularly hot. His name was Blair. She liked the name so much it was going to be my name whether I was a boy or girl. So, my mom named me after a sexy stranger. True story. Thanks, Mom!

2. Do you like your handwriting?

Not at all. I mean, I don’t have a serial-killer-slant or anything, but it’s pretty shitty for a 30-year-old. My husband always tells me it’s nice, but I figure he’s jaded by love so his opinion really doesn’t mean much.

3. What is your favorite lunch meat?

Does peanut butter and jelly with barbecue chips count? Those are the best sandwiches. I don’t really like lunch meat. *Gasp* I know, shocking! If I HAD to choose one, it would be turkey. A nice grilled cheese or pb & j sounds a lot yummier.

4. Longest relationship?

Current one. We’ve only been married for 3 years and before that dated for barely one. So 4 years, even though that sounds super short. We’ve known each other since we were 12/13, though, so I feel like our relationship should count as 17. I’m a cheater.

5. Do you still have your tonsils?

Yes! I don’t think anyone in my family has had them removed. So, you’re looking at someone with Grade A throat genes. Consider yourself blessed.

6. Would you bungee jump?

I’m way too much of a pussy to do anything that’s an unnecessary risk right now. Just being honest. I have some serious anxiety.

7. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?

Hell no. That would include bending down. Way too much effort.

8. Favorite ice cream?

Okay, the majority of people won’t know what the hell this is… but the name of it is Hunka Chunka PB Fudge. It’s an ice cream you can only get at Friendly’s. So, if you live in the northeast of the US consider yourself lucky. A few years ago a grocery store here in NC started carrying their ice cream, but I have yet to see that flavor.  I had it for the first time last summer at a lone Friendly’s restaurant in Myrtle Beach – it was just as amazing as I remembered it. Mmm.

9. What is the first thing you notice about people?

If they are clean. That sounds so rude, but being hygienic in public is important to me. Greasy hair gives me the heebie jeebies. TAKE A SHOWER, PEOPLE!

10. Football or baseball?

If I HAD to choose – football. The only one I really care about is college basketball, though. Go Syracuse! (Minus this year, because they suck donkey balls.)

11. What color pants are you wearing?

Dark wash blue jeans.

12. Last thing you ate?

I haven’t had anything yet today, but last night I ate 10 walnuts before I went to sleep. Yes, I counted! TEN!

13. If you were a crayon what color would you be?

Poop brown.

14. Favorite smell?

Dunkin Donuts. Coffee mixed with pastries baking in the oven = best smell ever. Aromatherapy for me.

15. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?

My husband. He was calling on his way home from the gym to ask me if I wanted him to pick up something for dinner. He sure knows bringing me food is the way to my heart.

16. Hair color?

Poop brown, yay! Boring, but still my favorite so I don’t bother dyeing it.

17. Eye color?

Poop brown. (Now are you understanding the crayon color choice?)

18. Favorite foods to eat?

Well, I want to say pizza, cupcakes, and bagels with cream cheese, but I don’t actually eat them anymore even though they are my favorites. My favorite thing to eat right now is celery and peanut butter. I crave it every day, and I eat it every day! I’m so lame.

19. Scary movies or happy endings?

Happy endings! I don’t even watch scary movies. I don’t need that kind of negativity in my life. BRING ON THE CORNY DISNEY MOVIES!

20. Last movie you watched?

Tangled – it was on TV last night. (See! 30 and still a child.)

21. Favorite holiday?

Christmas. Alex and I just went through our basement and garage and I have over 6 boxes of Christmas decorations. SIX. It’s an addiction. I can’t imagine what it will be like when we actually have children. It’s going to look like Christmas threw up in our house.

22. Beer or wine?

I don’t drink, but if I did – I’d choose wine

23. Night owl or early bird?

Early bird! I’m lucky if I make it past 10 pm.

24. Favorite day of the week?

All the days are the same for me but I guess I would choose Tuesdays because that’s when the new Dance Moms episodes are on. Feel free to judge me, it’s fine! It’s a terrible guilty pleasure I’ve had for the last 6-7 years. I can’t help it.

25: Which three of your favorite bloggers do you want to know more about?

I want to know more about a lot of people – so I’m not going to nominate. I’d love to read everyone’s response. So, if you want to fill out the questions and post them, make sure you let me know in the comments so I can go read them.

1. You might be my husband, lol. He eats PB&J sandwiches and celery + peanut butter everyday at every meal if I didn’t step up and cook real food for him. He also went to Syracuse and will blindly root for them every March Madness. You guys did great last year! He won the office pool when no one else believed, haha. I will always remember the Ohio State (me) v. Syracuse game of 2012 when we were still dating. Ohio State won so I had to buy him froyo to make him feel less lame.

Not gonna lie – your husband sounds pretty badass 😀 Haha. Last year was a great year! They are doing to terribly now, he’ll probably need an endless supply of froyo 🙂 Mmm… froyo. That would help.

2. Poor kid, Jeez.

I seldom wash my hair, but I assure you, it’s dry enough you’d never know. And mah bodeh es cleeeean.

My MIL always says she has poopy brown eyes and I know now she’s not alone.

I wish my husband would bring me a delicious lunch — RIGHT NOW! 😛

Well, I mean… you’re technically not supposed to wash your hair very often, right? I think a lot more people are doing it now. Poop brown is all the rage!

3. Oh this was fun!

#20 – Love Tangled. Rapunzel just waltzes around with this radiant, redemptive joy that lights up the people around her.

#22 – Wine, but I’m picky. Has to be a decent red wine (not necessarily expensive, just not crappy).

#10 – FOOTBALL!!! Muscular dudes in tight pants aggressively tackling each other – why don’t more straight women like football?

#4 – Romantic relationship? My husband, clocking in at 8 years. Non-romantic relationship? My oldest daughter, clocking in at 14 years. 🙂

Right? Rapunzel is awesome. I love those feel-good movies. She’s so naive and has such a great outlook even though she’s treated like crap. I need to be like that. (Not that I’m treated like crap, but I can be a negative Nancy lol.) I don’t mind watching football. Especially because of the yummy food that I shove in my fave during the game 😀

A festival where big, fat, fluffy sheep roam the streets and there’s a competition who can hug the most. That sounds very Sweden-like.

1. That big fat fluffiness is probably concealing explosives, maybe that’s what His Royal Trumpness meant. I went to Sweden once, it was closed. Don’t think anything much happens there, never mind anything to get worried about. God knows how they came up with ABBA.

p.s. Do you think Donald Trump knows what ‘Trump’ means in the UK?

1. Then I shall bring light into your darkness. It is British slang..and I quote:

There is an informal meaning of “trump” to mean a fine or reliable person. In British slang, however, “to trump” (intransitive verb) also means to expel gas through the anus — e.g. Trumped from eating too much baked beans — often in a highly audible way (as in with trailing sound).

As you can imagine we all looking forward to his visit to the UK, just so we can see his face when somebody tells him. In all seriousness though I think it is high time he changed his name to something less offensive, like Donald Fart.

4. College basketball is the only sport I care about too. I was raised a UNC fan and went to school there, and I still haven’t recovered from the championship game last year. I hope that since you live in NC you pull for Carolina when we’re not playing Syracuse 😉

Oh snap! Small world. I’m more of a State fan as I have numerous family members that work there, BUT I do cheer for UNC too. I’m just glad you didn’t say Duke. Then we’d have a problem lol

5. Ahh, Friendly’s. Years ago we lived in a condo complex that had a “secret” spot in the hedge that allowed all of us to magically step onto Friendly’s parking lot. No need to walk on any city sidewalks to get to Friendly’s. Such a good place to live, mere steps away from fribbles.

Oh man, I’d live in that complex solely for that reason. Friendly’s is probably the only restaurant I miss from the north. It’s so good.

It really is AMAZING. They also have really good waffle cones, so when they pile 3 scoops into one it’s like heaven in your mouth. Mouthgasmic.

1. me

Oh my lord … waffle cones too?? Yum!
        I think the closest equivalent we may have here is a banana real fruit / honey icecream in a gi-normous waffle cone; my personal all time fav … but they still don’t look as good as your one! *slightly jealous* 🙂

6. GREAT answers; I’m sorry however to tell you I don’t like brown eyes, so I’m glad they are poop/shit coloured and not brown….. Also we once had a car in something like ‘desert brown or red’ which I only ever called ‘shit coloured’ (you see I can’t even recall the original name of that colour, I’m quite sure it wasn’t ‘Wüstenscheisse’….
    Can’t rely to your food related stuff, we eat differently (and seeing your replies, healthier too, lol….)
    I love English films, anything funny, amazing, intelligent too if possible, historical, hysterical,….. but I can’t watch anything to give me nightmares.
    Enuff info for today! 🙂

You eat healthier than pizza and bagels? NO! Americans are always the healthiest haha. Desert brown OR red – I’m having trouble picturing this lol

1. Maybe the colour was called sirocco or something – to me it only ever was shxt-coloured….. 🙂 And I was in the desert, but ‘my’ desert sand was much lighter coloured, maybe ‘Opel’ at that time had a dilemma with paint names (or a colour blind responsible – they sd have employed my HH!!!! Every green/blue/brown/black/grey is ‘brown’….

7. I just came in from having a taco salad for lunch when I read your title and thought you must be reading my mind – and sheep boobs weren’t on it. But then you got me to thinking of Friendly’s ice cream. I haven’t been to a Friendy’s in forever. Definitely yummy flavors. Oh, but then I got yo your favorite smell answer and now I know I’ve met my soulmate.

😀 I’m stalking you, be careful. I know all about the taco salad. I could go for some Friendly’s AND Dunkin Donuts right now. Two of the best places ever. Thanks, America.

Oh, me too. They used to have ‘name the next crayon color’ contests back in the day. I wonder if they still exist? I’m going to write that one in lol

8. Aaaaaaaaackkkkk! This is so lonngggggggg! Ok I’ll do the first 2 and come back tomorrow late in day for the rest, cuz no time now! Ay yi.
    No. 1 – argh, I forget, lemme scroll back up – OH yeah. Ok, my name is actually Ellen. And guess what? It’s not named after ANYbody. My mom just liked the name, she told me. She loved all things British for some weird reason, and in her mind she was thinking of “Lady Ellen”! haha!
    No. 2 – My handwriting is not too terrible IF I don’t rush. But basically it has deteriorated over the years because I’m always using the computer or tablet or texting on my phone. Like so many of us now, I’m sure.
    Ok back tomorrow for more!! This is fun, actually! 🙂

It’s definitely a lot longer than my usual posts! I showed my husband before I posted it and he told me it was too long, too haha. Woops! I actually love the name Ellen. And Ellie. Both very pretty.

9. I’m loving your blog. I make the mistake of reading it at work.. while I am supposed to be working and you have literally make me LOL. All the other gophers in the cubicle farm pop up out of their little sections. Hilarity.

I also filled out your Q&A. On both blogs (same answers though)

xx J

Thank you 😀 Gophers in the cubicle farm haha. Never thought of that, but it definitely fits the mental image. I’m on my way to check out your answers 🙂 Thanks for playing

10. I hopped on the bandwagon and posted a few of my own answers. Thanks for sharing yours and making me laugh a few times! But seriously, I’m concerned. Do you really liken all your features to poop? I guess there’s a lot of variety in the kinds of color one can imagine though, so props for that. 🙂

Yes, kind of. I mean, I have dark brown hair and eyes – so that’s pretty much a normal poop color, right? I love my hair and eye color, though. They are my favorite even in other people. I definitely don’t look at them in a bad way 🙂 You skipped one of my favorite questions. I must know. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE SMELL?

1. As long as you like the color, you can call it whatever you want, then. 🙂
        And Ha ha! Sorry.
        Okay, I’ve never actually thought of a favorite smell, but I do love a good mild cheese smell? It can’t be too strong or “aged”. It has to be mild and nutty.

That’s so strange! I don’t know what ‘bad gateway’ means but I’ve heard of it before. Glad it ended up working! I’m on my way to read now 😀

11. Yay! It worked! I didn’t want to write more in case it didn’t. I wanted to say that I cracked up at your answers. Sounds like you live in a poop brown world. LOL! Could be worse, like calf shit yellow. There are a bunch of people with that color of hair. 🙂

12. Ok, answers to next two questions! (At this rate I’ll be finished around 2019. Lol!)
    3. Lunch meat – I was going to say salami but then I saw you said “turkey” and that reminded me – I discovered fat-free turkey, and it actually tastes pretty good – if you add mustard and salad with tasty dressing along with it.
    4. Relationship (I love the juxtaposition of number 3 and this number 4 – from the “ridiculous to the sublime,” haha!) – It was my marriage. Also, like you, I like to lengthen it, since the marriage itself was 9.5 years, but we were together like peas in a pod for 4 years before that. So total = 13.5 years. I got two great kids out of it, so can’t complain!

You don’t have to answer ALL the questions if you don’t want 😀 You can stop now, or just pick out a few faves! Don’t wanna force you or anything lol.

13. Well, I’m not named after anybody, although my mum gave both my sister and me VERY popular names. We were surrounded by girls with the same name all of our lives. Our family never names children after anybody who is still alive.

I have lovely handwriting, thank you.

Yeesh! Now I can’t remember all the questions. Lemme see.

The Squire and I have been married over forty years, and knew each other for nine before we tied the knot.

Don’t eat meat, but I like grilled cheese and a peanut butter and banana sandwich always sits well. My favorite ice cream is Caramel and Cashew; there is a small family-owned dairy near us and they make all of their own ice cream and cheese. I enjoy a glass of wine, but you can’t eat hard crabs without beer!

I have auburn hair and green eyes. I wash my hair several times a week.

The Raven are pathetic, but I’m glad when they win. We are both big Oriole fans.

Did I miss anything?

Caramel and cashew… mmm. That sounds amazing. Married over 40 years! That’s so cool. Hopefully I can get there someday 😀

14. I’m not much for surveys, but felt I should share that we were watching television together the other night. I can’t remember exactly when Tangled was on, but I watched it between channel-surfing episodes while battling the flu. It was all I had the energy to do.

15. I love stuff like this. I used to fill out surveys all the time in college; they pop up on my Facebook memories and make me want to barf. They had questions like “Have you ever had your heart broken?” And then I would feel bad for myself and be like, “Unfortunately, yes.” Or, “What color is your underwear?”

Anyways… LOVE the story of your name! Hilarious! 🙂

Hahah I remember those surveys – I’ve always done them too! They were all the rage back in the day. Like the quizzes called ‘What’s your color is your aura?’ or ‘What animal do you identify most with?’ God… they were so stupid. But addicting lol

16. Too many questions ☺️ Love where your name Blair come from . I’m imagining Blair to be a wholesome guy blond hair blue eyes don’t know where I got that image from? Must be from some TV show .

17. I think my favorite response (even though they were all amazing) was, whats the first thing you notice about people and your answer was if they’re clean. OH. EM. Gee. ME TOO! When my son comes back from his dads house, I can always tell that he is sending him back to me dirty. tell the child to shower!
    I think you may be a little obsessed with poop…and I’m ok with that.

18. Hey! I’m reading this a day late but am hoping, hoping, hoping you watched the Syracuse v Duke game last night. If so, you saw that incredible buzzer beater by Gillon to win the game! I’m so glad it was him making that shot because he played an incredible game and deserves the accolades.

I didn’t see it live, but I DEFINITELY saw the highlights. The local news was crazy about it here because I’m super close to Duke. Was amazing. Wish I got to see it live!

19. I love these questions – so much better than the usual blog award ones. I was inspired to answer them for myself. Feel free to ignore the rest of this comment:

1. My parents had run out of names by the time I came along. They made lists. I am eternally grateful to my father that my name is not Heather.
    2. I have a slant – hope it is not a serial killer one.
    3. Lunch and meat? Does not compute.
    4. Present one. 31 years and holding.
    5. Yes
    6. No
    7. Can’t remember the last time I had shoes that needed tying.
    8. Salted Caramel
    9. Eye contact
    10. Grandpa watched football.
    11. Purple pajama bottoms
    12. Something green.
    13. Green
    14. Scented candles.
    15. Had to check my cell.
    16. Dishwater blond
    17. Hazel
    18. Cheese.
    19: Happy happy happy.
    20. Hidden Figures
    21. Inn
    22. Neither.
    23. Night owl. Notice the time (+7 from where you are.)
    24. Wednesday. Because it is hard to spell.
    25. What you said.

Yay, thanks for playing! I agree – I’m tired of the blog award questions. Always so generic. Nobody cares ’bout that crap lol. You’re the second person that described their blonde as ‘dishwater.’ I’ve NEVER heard of that. My dishwater never turns a shade of blonde haha

20. Hey, I recently fell for this little questionnaire myself. But then, I fall for a lot of them.
    Thanks for recently stopping by my blog and for deciding to follow. Maybe I’ll occasionally entertain you with my own brand of goofiness. I used to say I was a Recovering Goofball. Then I decided I didn’t want to recover from it. Besides, I couldn’t go a whole day without slipping, let alone get a 30-day chip.
    God bless you. Cheers!

Oh, it’s definitely better to continue being a goofball. It’s half the fun in life! Embrace the crazy 😀 I love questionnaires and polls. I’m not sure why, but I’m a sucker!

You’re the first person to know what ice cream I’m talking about specifically. Can we be best friends? I would eat the shit out of that ice cream sundae right now. Holy crap.

21. children in my mother’s homeland (Estonia) were not given middle names. So my 2 half-bros only have 2 names. When they went in the Army, everything they stenciled had to have “JOHN NMN DOE”. The military required SOMETHING in the middle- “no middle name.” When I was born in America I was give my mom’s first name as my middle name. I dislike it to this day.