a hot and sticky sunday

There’s nothing worse than having your in-law’s dog throw up on you while you’re enjoying some syrup-covered bacon. Until he proceeds to eat the dog-food-puke chunks off of you and all you can get yourself to do in that moment is scream in abject terror. Of course, if I didn’t take the time to look at Alex with a bitchy stare and say ‘this is why I don’t want a dog!’ he wouldn’t have had time to eat it again. So, touchè, universe. Touchè. Happy Sunday!

An hour or so later the dog threw up again (not on me this time, thankfully) and the cycle started to repeat itself. Pretty sure this is a metaphor for my life. Even when I know something will have a bad outcome, at times I lack some necessary self control to stay away from it. Like when I eat bacon while I’m trying to work on my health or pick my nose even though I almost always feel crushing embarrassment when I’m caught red green-handed. Will I ever learn or will I be stuck in a puke-eating cycle for the rest of my life like poor Fido? guiltydog

So, we’re finally on my self-hosted site. I hope everything is in order and shows up correctly. Let me know if there’s any sort of difference you notice and I’ll try to get it fixed. I’m not sure if people are getting alerts to when I like/reply back to a comment or not, but everything else seems to be in good order. Thanks for hanging with me.

If we’ve previously talked through email, I don’t have that address anymore. The new one is : blair@theshamefulsheep.com

There will be more changes to the site as time goes on, this is just the beginning 🙂 I have some plans in mind!

1. It is bad enough when your own dog pukes, but puking on you regardless of ownership is not fun. When it is not yours, it makes it extra special as the concern for your dog does not exist. A nice hot shower or soaking tub bath is in order.

2. New site looks really cool and this story was sooooo funny! Our dog has his own comfy home on our lawn. He can visit us on the inside but cannot stay for long so there’s little probability of puking, pooping or any other bodily function within the walls of our little mansion. That being said, I might to reconsider as such episodes may make for great blog posts – like this one 🙂 🙂 🙂

3. Well, now, change is always good except when it’s not. Site looks good, but don’t feed it to many changes in its diet for fear it may puke all you fed it before. i wonder if websites are like dog and other pets, not worth the cost of acquisition and upkeep. Oh well – Aloha – pjs/

1. I love kitties too. One of my cats barfs up hairlogs but not on me or anyone else. Super easy to clean up and kind of weirdly fascinating. Happens about 2-3 times a year … Kind of like the special hairlog puke event. Of course neither he nor the other cat do me the favor of REeating the hairlog — cats are so picky! 😉

I actually don’t mind dogs, I just don’t want one lol. The suspect has known food issues and a sensitive stomach 🙂

1. Ha. Yeah, the bummer thing about pets is they have “issues” just like people. And if you love ’em you deal with them. When I was young my mom was driving us to the beach, it’s about an hour away on a very windy road. Our car would get too hot so we would have to turn on the HEAT . . . in the HEAT. Once we took our dog and she got sick in the back of the station wagon. I was grossed out when she threw up, but I freaked out when she started eating it! EWWWWWWW!

That really is the worst. I can deal with throw up as long as it’s not being eaten again lol. I don’t get it… if it was hot in the car why would you turn on the HEAT? *confused*

1. It was hot outside AND the the engine would overheat. Our drive to the beach is up and through a windy mountain road. We had a little Datsun station wagon. The way you combat an overheating car engine is to turn on the heat.

Yeah, I was “ok” with the dog throwing up, but I freaked out when she started eating it! EWWWWW!

Awesome, thank you! I wasn’t sure if that was working or not at first. I didn’t want to come across like an ass who doesn’t respond lol.

3. Not sure it is still true for cars. Although I was recently in a car where someone DID turn on the heat because he thought it would help keep the car cooler.

And, yeah, I wanted to let you know about the notifications. I’m still gettin’ ’em! Yay!

4. Oh my gosh, another reason to not want a dog!!! I was thinking all this time along the lines of having to take care of an animal my son becomes too lazy to look after–pookarat (our private name for vomit) never occurred to me! Oh I don’t think I could handle that 😛

Pookarat lol. Love it. My husband wants a dog, but I always give the same reasons. I’M going to be the one that cleans up after it! (boys and grown men alike lol)

5. I like dogs too. But we have not had our own dog in years. We have a cat. They just seem to be less work. You don’t have to take them for walks. They can be indoor cats, or indoor/outdoor cats, ours is an indoor. They do their business all in one place, you just have to keep it clean. If they do puke at least they don’t eat it again. Said puke is usually a hairball, which can be controlled with diet and various hairball remedies. Oh, sorry I best stop going on about puke before you stop following me for being so gross. Lol
    Have a nice day! 😀

😂 I agree, cats are far superior! (I might be biased a little!) they are so much less work and a lot less, well, gross.

6. The new site looks lovely, and still shows up on my WordPress reader (I was a bit worried it wouldn’t coz that happened to another site I followed when it went self-hosted).

When I was a kid, my neighbour had a dog, so I got to have the joys of playing with it without any of the responsibility 🙂 Since then, I’ve always wanted a dog, but then I hear stories about things like this, and I think “well… maybe not…”

Thank you! That was my #1 fear of self-hosting. There would be some issue where I’d get totally disconnected from everyone. I’m glad it worked out because I probably would have cried lol. I always want a dog, but then start weighing the pros/cons. Let’s just say the cons always win 🙂

7. One of my cats did a power vomit the other night, starting from on the end of our bed (on my feet, could have been worse, I guess), down and under the bed, then around the end of the bed and back out the door. Poor little guy, it was such a revolting chuck that even the dogs wouldn’t get up to eat it, so silly bugger me had to clean it up at 3am.
    But in good news, your new site is very easy to use, I caught up in no time!

Even the dogs wouldn’t eat it haha. Gross. Have they done that before? Wait… don’t answer that 🙂 I’m glad it’s easy to use. Trying to keep it pretty basic.

It IS hard. I kind went with a ‘wing it’ approach and really had no idea if certain things would work or not. I changed so I can customize my theme/pages and have the freedom to add and say whatever I want without restrictions and rules.

Aw, thank you! I appreciate it 🙂 Since you laughed your ‘butt’ off, is your name just ‘Lolly’ now?! (Ha ha… man, I’m lame.)